Saturday, March 11, 2006

A sense ~ less entry...

I just recently purchased a Moleskine and have been using it for personal writing and illustrations. Looking through the pages I feel very conservative with my pages, so I wanted to create this challenge in my journal, knowing whatever the outcome, it most likely wouldn't be like the other pages, plain and simple.
I started out using a green paint that, I question why it is even among my paints being that it is so un~me...it felt liberating to use a color I am not too comfortable with. Once the pages where painted I added a white piece of watercolors paper to the center. I then did a drawing with my eyes closed. I then used markers to color in the drawing, a medium I find a bit challenging to begin with. Next, I added a few more bold colors with crayons. Then, I worked in a little more paint, added a little collage, some thoughtless writing, more crayons, more paint, and called it done!
As I created this piece I let my thoughts go...not grabbing onto any one thought for more than a second. It was completely quiet and I cannot smell or taste anything due to a lingering cold, making this challenge a little easier!
I hope everyone is having a great time with these challenges! We are thrilled with all of the wonderful work that everyone is creating! Thank you!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the bright color and texture in your collage.

March 12, 2006 5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this one! I am a fan or green and orange and this also has a nice open feel. Fun!

March 12, 2006 6:59 AM  
Blogger Viridiana said...

this is my first inspire me Thursday piece and I hope to do lots more. This was quite a challenge. You can see the results here http://snailmailplaymates.blogspot.com/

March 12, 2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger lindaharre said...

I would love to join, but am not sure how to do that! HELP>>>HELP>>>PLEASE! Can I still get in on the senseless art or was that from last week? Thanks, Linda

March 12, 2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Violetswalk said...

This is wonderful! So full of whimsy. I also found this week's topic easier to tackle with a lingering head cold.

March 12, 2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger Geninne said...

Love it!

March 12, 2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger TXArtcGal said...

Yours is fantastic!! I love seeing the process you used for your piece!! Fantastic! Your piece is so whimsical and fun!

March 13, 2006 12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great Misty! I love the colors, I'm a very big fan of orange and green.

Mine is done, just clic on my name for the direct link!

March 13, 2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Lu said...

I just love this. Great color...and so sense-less!!

March 14, 2006 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is mine... http://artistandreaedwards.blogspot.com/2006/03/mango-street.html

Thanks again for another great topic!
a.

March 14, 2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger Emmy said...

for the first time in love the topic
here is mine
Http://emmyschoonbeekblogspot.com

March 15, 2006 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home